Do you know the problem too? That you can't get the thread through the eye of the needle? You are not the only one who has this problem. Buying a loose thread-threader purchase may be the solution. It is the perfect way to easily thread a thread through the needle. You also see many sewing machines these days that have a thread-threader built in. By pulling down on the lever, putting the thread around the hook and releasing, the thread-threader automatically threads thread through the needle for you. You will probably need some practice on how to use an automatic thread-threader, but once you get the hang of it, it will save a lot of time and effort when threading your sewing machine.
Sequential automatic thread-threader:
- Thread your sewing machine to needle height.
- Set the needle to the highest position by turning the handwheel in your direction.
- Lower your presser foot
- Lower the thread transfer lever and hook the thread onto the thread guide.
- Guide your thread into the hook while pulling down your threader
- Slowly release your threader and your sewing machine needle will be threaded. Pull your thread tight and place the thread under the foot to begin sewing.
How do I remove the automatic needle threader?
An automatic needle-threader that is on many modern sewing machines today can of course break down and you will probably want to replace it. To do this properly, lower the presser foot lifter and lower the automatic threader as far as you can. Loosen the outer hook to loosen it and then pull it out to remove it from the sewing machine.